The benefits of ECP Therapy and EECP Therapy are proven in more than 190 clinical trials to be a safe and effective treatment for patients with a variety of medical conditions. External Counterpulsation Therapy provides significant improvement to the entire health system by restoring the delivery of oxygenated blood to all parts of the body. ECP treatments are considered easy to tolerate and provide significant improvement to virtually every patient that completes a full course of therapy.
The easiest way to summarize the benefits of ECP Therapy is to understand what is happening during treatment. The physical process of sequentially inflating each extremities helps your heart deliver blood back to the heart on each heart cycle. This mechanism of action acts as a “cardiac assist device” helping the heart perform more efficiently with less effort. This physical process helps deliver oxygen-rich blood to all vital organs inside the body including the heart. This process overtime improves the mechanical operation of the heart delivering more cardiac output (stronger heart) with less effort resulting in a more efficient vascular system.
The mechanical process of External Counterpulsation Therapy systematically restores oxygenated blood-flow & nourishment to areas of the body that have slowly deteriorated over time with age. With the restoration of oxygen-rich blood flow (nutrients to tissue) to all of your organ will result in a significant improvement in overall health. ECP rehabilitation therapy brings improvement in function of the heart, liver, kidneys, brain, eyes, and all your outer extremities that need nutrients for sustaining efficient function.
ECP and EECP Therapy is Equivalent to Intense EXERCISE!!
Many of the experts believe that ECP Therapy and EECP Therapy for elderly patients with an inactive lifestyle can experience as much as 6 times the amount of peripheral exercise benefit from just ONE hour of treatment than any level of tolerated physical exercise. The mechanical action of ECP Therapy acts as a cardiac assist device forcing oxygenated blood to all organs of the body including ischemic territories (areas of blockages).That means it can literally restore an efficient vascular system as much as than 6 times faster & more efficiently than exercise alone in many patients. ECP Therapy acts as a bridge or shortcut to improved aerobic wellness without any of the risk to the body or heart. However like any form of conditioning, ECP requires a bit of a commitment and must be adhered to on an ongoing basis for 35 sessions. Once the 35 day session is complete, one must routinely follow up with some form of physical in order to maximize the integrity and longevity of the benefits from External Counterpulsation Therapy. For more information, you can see a video featuring a wellness doctor about “ECP Therapy & Exercise”
Patient Benefits of ECP Therapy proven in Clinical Studies:
- Increase in Energy & Exercise tolerance
- Increase alertness (brain function)
- Reduce or eliminate symptoms of chest pain
- Reduce symptoms of Shortness of Breath
- Reduce symptoms of Fatigue
- Reduce heart palpitation
- Reduce leg pains from peripheral vascular disease
- Strengthens the heart muscle by reviving parts of the heart that have hibernated from lack of bloodflow
- Increase in perfusion creates natural bypasses around narrowed arteries in heart as well as other organs such as the lungs, Kidneys, liver & the brain
- Sustainable relief of symptoms related to Ishemic Heart disease
- Sustainable Increase in Coronary Perfusion
- Improvement in sexual function for men
- Reduce symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease
- Reduce symptoms of Dementia (Alzheimers Disease)
- Reduces blood pressure
- Decrease workload of the heart
- Retrograde Arterial Flow (Shear Stress) increases endothelial function
- Peripheral Training effects (similar to exercise)
- Cardiac Remodeling (stunned & hibernated myocardium)
- Promotion of Collateralization
- Improvement in oxygen consumption (VO2)
- Regression of atherosclerosis
- Improvement in ventricular function
- Increase in Cardiac Output
- Decrease in Cardiac Workload
- Release in growth factors
- Reduction in Angina & Heart Failure symptoms & Classifications
- Decrease Medication (including Nitroglycerin & Ranexa)
ECP is an effective Cardiac Therapy that may be a viable treatment option to improve your medical condition. We encourage you to investigate your options further by consulting with a facility near you for more information.